One would think that a man who gambled big on his mother’s estate in Florida would have the biggest fortune. But his mom had more wealth when she died than he does. Her son, Charles H. “Duke” Charles Hickey, is worth an estimated $2.6 billion.
10 Richest Americans (2010)
1. Richard A. Blumberg, 82, former President of the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, $2.5 billion.
2. Warren E. Buffett, 69, Berkshire Hathaway Inc., $2 billion.
3. Larry Ellison, 61, co-founder of Oracle Corp., $2 billion.
4. Richard Kinder, 82, publisher of Time Inc., $2 billion.
5. Michael J. Bloomberg, 79, mayor of New York City, $2 billion.
6. David H. Koch, 62, Koch Industries, an oil company, $2 billion.
7. Thomas H. Dickey, 72, chairman and CEO of Coca-Cola Co., $2 billion.
8. Bernard L. Schwartz, 81, chairman, CEO and majority owner of the Philadelphia Inquirer, $2 billion.
9. Charles B. Koch, 62, chairman of Koch Industries, $2 billion.
10. Donald J. Trump, 75, president of The Donald J. Trump Foundation. $2 billion.
The top 10 are a small number of families who have the money, the power and the connections to make up such a big slice of the American economy. The rich and famous have built a huge fortune that is more than twice the average wealth of the bottom 60 percent of U.S. households, according to a survey by the Pew Charitable Trusts in 2013.
[Why is the world’s richest man so rich?]
They are all, though, not billionaires, and are only a fraction of the 1,087 billionaires worldwide in 2011. Most of the billionaires in the richest 500 are either private or publicly traded.
Many of the richest people in the world live in the United States. Billionaires in the United States control more than 80 percent of the nation’s wealth, according to Forbes.
Here are the top 10 richest Americans:
1. Richard A. Blumberg, $2.5 billion. The head of the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, Blumberg also is the owner of the Atlanta Braves
best online roulette simulator simple drawings, best online craps for money, best online roulette simulator simple tire, free online roulette practice game for typing, online roulette us onlineroulettetop.com